Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekly Recap #9


Nothing super spectacular happened this week, so I won't bore you with the daily play-by-play. I will, however, share pics of my gorgeous babies (of course I'm biased!), and any details of the day. Enjoy!
Put them together in the bouncy seat. Love this pic!
On Tuesday I received a new box from Influenster. Have you ever heard of Influenster? They are a great company that will periodically send you a box of products to review (they call it a Vox Box), based on surveys they send you throughout the year. You don't get chosen for all of them, but occasionally you get one sent in the mail. The one I received is called the #CheersVoxBox and it had a few products in it. The first one I tried was the Way Better Snacks Corn Tortilla Chips (sold at Target). They are a healthier snack option and taste SO GOOD! A different consistency from regular tortilla chips, and a little spicy, but definitely something I'd try again.

Other products I received in the box included Suave Professionals® Biotin Infusion Strengthening Shampoo & Conditioner (full-sized products and they smell SO GOOD!), Dr Teal's Epsom Salt Soothe & Sleep with Lavender (perfect for nighttime soaks), a coupon for a free package of Hormel Taco Meats (haven't tried yet), and a flyer to download and try the Yaye app to track workouts and share them with friends (a little confusing to use). If you want to receive some cool boxes yourself, sign up on Influenster!

On Tuesday I also made my new recipe of the week, Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. It definitely doesn't come out looking like it does in the photo on the website, and the recipe doesn't even have you add sliced green onions or sesame seeds (as you see on the picture on the website), but it did taste pretty good and was really easy to make. Just serve over white rice.


My cutie pie Peyton.
Lauryn was up late on Tuesday
It amuses me how they're usually sleeping in the same position - and they are now constantly trying to fight the swadddle.

I recorded this video on Wednesday to send to my sister-in-law. I always comment on how envious I am of her and her quietly crying boys. This is what I have been given with Peyton (and even with Brayden before him). For your listening pleasure.  


Jazzie loves her siblings!
These are my favorite pics of the twins turning ONE MONTH OLD! It was nice to have my sister and her family visit on Saturday too. She has been so great since my twins have been born so I wanted to give her a special shout-out...although of course I forgot to take pics of her family at my house. We're hosting the Super Bowl next week though, so I'll have another opportunity to take pics with her and my favorite niece, Linnie Lou!

Even Brayden likes to get in on showering the babies with love...sometimes.
And finally, one of my favorite pics of the week. This outfit on Lauryn is about 17 years old. I'm so glad that I kept a few items from when Jazz was a baby. Now Lauryn has some cute clothes that were passed down from her favorite big sister.



I did a little better on the goals this week:

  • Goal #1: Eliminate soda for 1 more week - this would be 5 weeks soda-free! YES! Time to remove this one, I don't need soda at all.
  • Goal #2: Send requests to 10 baby companies.  YES! started to receive items from a few companies I called already!
  • Goal #3: Spend 30 more minutes organizing the basement. Not quite. I got rid of some of the trash down there, but that didn't take me 30 minutes. :(
  • Goal #4: Organize one more kitchen cabinet. Nope. No time for more cleaning this week. These babies are a lot of work!
  • Goal #5: Clean off a few toys for the twins.  YES! They're not playing with them yet, but I do dangle toys in front of them so they can have something new to look at.
  • Goal #6: Go through about 4 weeks worth of coupons. YES! Clipped and filed!
Almost made all six this week! Here are some goals for this week.

Goal #1: Log calories everyday this week. I'm starting to use MyFitnessPal again (links to my Garmin Connect app) and want to record everything I eat. Time to drop more than just this baby weight!

Goal #2: Work out 3 times this week. My ultimate goal is to work out five days a week, but I'll start off slow with just three times this first week.

Goal #3: Spend 30 more minutes organizing the basement. I can always spend more time in the basement.

Goal #4: Write a post for my other blog. I'm not quite ready to let that blog go. I want to keep it to a more destination review site, with some products featured too. I have tons of places that I've been to that I haven't written about, so I won't lack content at all.

Goal #5: Take Brayden to preschool both days he's supposed to go. It is so hard for me to get my stuff together and take Brayden to school. Most days, I'm either just waking up, or already feeding one of the twins when it's time to go. I need to schedule this better so he can make it to class.

I'll let you know how it went next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment