Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Twins are One Month Old!

We've survived the first month with twins! They are both doing so well, and I fall more and more in love with them everyday. Even when they're crying and waking me up at 4am, I an enamored. How could I not be, right?


Here's how they're both doing.

Lauryn 

Likes looking around. My mom says that Lauryn always has a look of amazement on her face. She loves to check out her surroundings. She's a very content little girl. She's the one who can chill in the crib quietly while she's awake and, most of the time, will just wait until someone picks her up for a feeding. Rarely, though, this girl is quite hungry and she does have a well-developed set of lungs.

Dislikes being completely swaddled. She will almost always fuss until she manages to free at least one arm.

Lauryn is just about done with Newborn clothes. The outfit she has on is Newborn and it's the last one she's gonna wear. She's my chunker!

Peyton



Likes swinging in the swing...a lot. The swing can usually keep him content while I'm warming up milk - otherwise he's screaming. I don't even think he knows how to just cry. He goes from zero to frantic in about 2 seconds. He also loves being held. At any time if he's crying screaming, all I have to do is scoop him up and he instantly stops.

Dislikes...lots of things! We joke that Peyton really wasn't ready to join the world as early as he did. While Lauryn has a look of amazement on her face when she's looking around, Peyton has a look of bewilderment...always. He looks as if he's nervously thinking "What am I doing here? Where's my amniotic fluid? Please put me back in!" He also hates getting his diaper changed, and taking a bath. Screams, screams, screams. He did have a pretty bad diaper rash when he was in the NICU, but it's gotten so much better since we started using Triple Paste. It works better than the prescription stuff we received from the hospital.

Peyton wears Newborn clothes - and they fit kinda big!

According to a lot of baby milestone charts I found online, by one month old babies should be able to lift their head when lying on their tummies, respond to sound, and stare at bright objects. Both kids do all three pretty well. :) At some point I might notice that they are behind a little bit hitting certain milestones, but that's normal for preemie babies. I'm just so happy that they are both healthy and doing well. See ya at the two month mark!

0 comments:

Post a Comment