Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekly Recap #10

This was, surprisingly, a pretty busy week! We had friends and family visit, and of course Sunday was the Super Bowl! Here's how our week went.

On Monday, Lauryn graduated out of newborn clothes to 0-3 months. **SNIFF, SNIFF**


Looks like she's just as sad as I am that she's no longer in newborn clothes.
I also made this week's recipe, a Shredded Chicken Taco Salad. The recipe calls for crockpot chicken, and I'll admit that I cheated and just used a rotisserie chicken that I shredded up. I use that shortcut all the time! I'd like to make the chicken recipe on the website because it does look good. Maybe next time.

On Tuesday, my friend Julia hosted a Valentine's Day playdate at her house. It was so nice to get out for a little bit of adult conversation. One of these pictures featured Brayden's friends, Delaney and Stella, but I didn't ask their parents if it was ok to post their photos online, and I am not in the habit of posting kids pics without their parents' consent. I'll totally post pics of adults though, so if you see me with my camera out, know that you might be on here. :)


This is how Brayden plays with them. He introduces them to Spongebob.
On Wednesday my friend Stephanie stopped by. It was so nice to see her and catch up. As usual, I just took pics of the kids.
Lauryn my chunker, and Peyton, my "Little Dude"
Thursday was my 40 week due date. I know I never would have delivered this late, but it's crazy to think that in a normal pregnancy I could have still been pregnant right now. **SHUDDER** Today the twins finally got out of the house for their 1 month doctor appointment! They have only been out of the house to see the doctor. I'll post more about their appointment later this week.
On Friday my dad, AKA Wello, visited. I love how he always makes it a point to visit all of his grandkids. He is one proud grandpa and is all about the familia
Other than that, we just chilled at home on Friday.
Jazz loves these babies so much!
"I'll just sit here and be cute." - Peyton
I'm SO THANKFUL for my mom, who loves ALL my babies just as much as I do.
On Saturday I actually got out of the house to do something fun ON MY OWN! Whaaaaat?!?! I attended a baby shower for one of the ladies at church and loved catching up with my church family - and my sister and Lynnie Lou of course!



We also had one of our favorites for dinner on Saturday - Portillo's! Looks like Brayden approves.


Lauryn actually latched on for the first time today! It hurt like hell, but at least I can say that I breastfed at least once in my life. I'll spare you the photos of that precious moment though. Lol

We hosted a Super Bowl party on Sunday with my siblings! The game, and even the commercials, were pretty boring (although I am SO happy with the outcome and Peyton Manning's win!). I made some yummy eats from recipes I found on Pinterest for the get together, Slow Cooker Chili, Crack Dip, Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese for my vegetarian little sister. They were ALL good and very easy to make.






Weekly Workouts:

To keep myself accountable to my workouts, I'll post them here every week. Remember - I'm starting off SLOW, so nothing crazy for awhile.

TuesdayCalorie Burning Low Impact Cardio Workout for Beginners (30 minutes)

ThursdayPostnatal SlimDown Cardio Workout (30 minutes) This workout is supposedly geared towards women that just had a baby. Um...I don't think so! All that dang jumping around?!?! Have these chicks heard of breastfeeding moms? OUCH!!! I won't be doing this one again.

SaturdayPostpartum Yoga Week 1 - Pelvis Alignment and Core Foundation (20 minutes) I didn't feel like I did anything after this "workout".

Weekly Goals:

I did pretty good on the goals this week:

  • Goal #1: Log calories everyday this week. YES! According to MyFitnessPal I'm on a streak! :) I'm not always under my calorie goal, but I am logging them.
  • Goal #2: Work out 3 times this week. YES! I'm starting off slow, but I did do three different YouTube videos this week. I have to find a better yoga program though. 
  • Goal #3: Spend 30 more minutes organizing the basement. Not this week.
  • Goal #4: Write a post for my other blog. Nope. I have the best intentions, and I even know what I'm going to write about, but with cranky babies I just couldn't get to it this week.
  • Goal #5: Take Brayden to preschool both days he's supposed to go. Nope. I totally woke up with baby brain on Monday thinking we didn't have to leave until 9:45am, when we should have left at 8:45am. I woke up at 8:30. :( Wednesday wasn't any better,unfortunately. We're 0 for 2 this week.
Not as bad as I would have guessed! Keeping the same goals for next week. We'll see how it goes.

Goal #1: Log calories everyday this week. I'm starting to use MyFitnessPal again (links to my Garmin Connect app) and want to record everything I eat. Time to drop more than just this baby weight!

Goal #2: Work out 3 times this week. My ultimate goal is to work out five days a week, but I'm starting off slow with just three times for a few weeks.

Goal #3: Spend 30 more minutes organizing the basement. I can always spend more time in the basement.

Goal #4: Write a post for my other blog. Make that two posts since I flaked last week. I'm not quite ready to let that blog go. I want to keep it to a more destination review site, with some products featured too. I have tons of places that I've been to that I haven't written about, so I won't lack content at all.

Goal #5: Take Brayden to preschool both days he's supposed to go. It is so hard for me to get my stuff together and take Brayden to school. Most days, I'm either just waking up, or already feeding one of the twins when it's time to go. I need to schedule this better so he can make it to class.

I'll let you know how it went next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment