Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Resolutions Update: January 2016

One month into the new year and I'm doing pretty good on my resolutions so far. How about you? I'll remove some of these as I complete them but, as promised, here's an update on how I've done so far.

Read 20 minutes every day. In 2015, my Goodreads reading goal was 36 books for the year. I ended up reading 52! I'm hoping to take it to 55 books this year. I'm an avid reader so it shouldn't be too tough. I'm probably reading more than 20 minutes a day. I read when I'm feeding the kids, and even when I'm pumping. To date, I have read 7 books - that's 7 books in ONE month!

Join a gym. After these babies are born (and I'm given clearance to start exercising), I plan to join a local gym. I love taking classes like Zumba and spin classes, and my local gym offers a bunch of group fitness classes. Time to get my sweat on! Not yet- when do I have the time?!?!

Run 5 races. Before I got pregnant, I had just gotten into a groove with running. It's a dream of mine, really, to be able to say "I'm a runner" and I'd love to eventually run 10k's, 1/2 marathons, and full marathons. I've only done 5k's so far, and I hope to be able to run at least 5 of them this year. I'll do this in the spring/summer.

Drink 6 cups of water everyday. I fail on drinking water big time. I'd much rather have a big glass of juice or soda. I want to try and give up soda completely, but don't want to set myself up for failure. I love it too much. So I'll just settle on drinking 6 cups of water each day. If I can do that, I'm off to a good start. There were days that I did, and lots of days that I didn't. Now that I'm using MyFitnessPal again, I'm going to try to hit this everyday in February.

Get the basement organized. I started cleaning up parts of the basement, but it's really in need of a thorough cleaning/organization session. We just have way too much stuff down there. I'd like to reduce the amount of stuff in the basement by half. I've spent some time in the basement, but not nearly enough. Hey - I've got all year to complete this goal, right?

Save money for our next trips (cruise in 2106 and Disney World in 2017). I love traveling more than anything in the world. I know that it's only going to get more expensive and a lot more difficult to travel with twins, so I need to be more diligent about saving money from each paycheck. Not a single penny. How sad is that?

Cook one new recipe every week. I already started picking out some new recipes I want to try in the new year, and I figure Sundays would be a great day to try them out. I'm used to being on the go all the time, but I want to start taking it easy on Sundays and spending more time at home. I'll have more time to clean up the house and cook some yummy new grub. YES! I'm really enjoying this one too.

Take a little time each week for personal growth. This one is going to be so hard for me, but I need to take a little bit of time, even if it's just an hour a week, for just me. I could get my nails done, read up on a subject I enjoy, or take a class. I'm looking forward to this one. Hmm...I'm thinking I should print out this resolution list because I forgot all about this goal!

Eat 2-3 servings of fruits/vegetables every day. I am the worst at eating fresh fruits and veggies. Doctors recommend high serving amounts every day, but just starting off with two or three would be good for me. This one is easy!

Take better photos. I always bring out my big camera, but hardly ever take any pictures on it. All pictures I use are usually taken on my cell phone. I need to put my phone down and pick up my nice camera from time to time. I think I'm going to have to reevaluate this one. I actually like taking pictures on my cell phone, mainly because all pictures I take are immediately uploaded to my Google account and can be viewed on my laptop chronologically. Who needs the fancy camera? I'll be deleting this goal since I take pics of the twins every single day.

So there's January. Not too bad. Hopefully I can knock some more off next month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment