Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Hello There, Old Friend!

I rediscovered this page a few weeks ago and it made me really sad. I last posted here when the twins were six months old - almost 2 years ago - and I hate that I didn't keep up with it. All the cute things they've done over the last two years, the gorgeous pictures, and the memories we've made were not documented and it just makes me really sad. Plus, in the last few weeks I have revisited this page numerous times, typed in a few sentences, and put the computer back down.

It sucks to say, but life with twins really is super-busy and difficult. I used to write at night, but as the twins took more and more of my energy, I was zapped by the end of every night. There were months that I wouldn't even turn on my computer at home. Months! Which is crazy considering I used to be on the computer every night for years.

I even started a bullet journal to chronicle twin life - a journal that I also abandoned more than a year ago.



Why, why, why???

At the time you think that you'll always remember what they said, how they acted etc, but being a mom of four, I should've known that that was a lie. My oldest is 19 now and I only have a highlight reel going through my brain. Those small moments? All forgotten. Oh how I wish I would've kept up with this blog.

Well, for right now, I'm back. I hope to post updates more frequently, sharing pictures of the kids and just life in general. It's not always fun. It's not always exciting. But it's our normal, regular life, filled with precious memories that I want to document.

XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment