Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Weekly Recap #17

This week was a sad, sad week for me. It was my last week of maternity leave and I'll be headed back to the office first thing tomorrow. Every single thing I did this week was tainted with melancholy as I couldn't get it out of my head that my time at home with my kids was coming to a close - and with no more babies on the horizon ever, it would be the last time I would voluntarily take a full 12 weeks off of work. Sad times, indeed. Dangit - just thinking about it now brings fresh tears to my eyes. Maybe I'll cheer myself up by recapping all the fun we did have this week.

Monday was Awards Night at Cubbies for Brayden! In order for the kids to earn their patch for their vests they had to go over Bible stories and memorize verses each week. Brayden was out for many, many weeks, but we made sure that we kept up with the program so that he could still earn his patches. He did a GREAT job! And he is ALWAYS so excited to get his award.



I also took some pics of my smiley babies (because they are NOT always smiling). And Lauryn totally fooled us in the beginning. She seemed to be the happy one that was usually pretty content. Boy were we WRONG! Peyton is WAY more even-keeled and is generally a happy boy (guess he finally got used to being outside the womb...hehe).



Just call her "Crazy Eyes"! LOL


Anyone who knows me knows that we do NOT always have it easy with Brayden. No, scratch that. We NEVER have it easy with Brayden. Introducing these babies as part of our family is STILL hard on him and he's having a really hard time with them. If they cry, he's upset. If one of us is holding one, he's upset. If we have to feed one, he's upset. And I'm not talking a "sulking" kind of upset either. He is all out, stomping, screaming, slamming doors, you-ruined-my-life upset. Looks like he was ready to join the dog's pack after this meltdown.


Tuesday was also Book Club night! We read Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter (I thought her last name was appropriate in this case). The book was SO GOOD, but Ms. Karin certainly has one sick, sick mind to write this stuff. Some of it was very hard to read. As for the group, we came for the book, but stayed for the FOOD!


Of course I had to get in some pics of the twins that day too. Neither one of them is really into toys just yet. They'll stare at whatever's hanging from their jungle gym, but they're not reaching for anything...yet!


He gives great "side-eye", right?


On Wednesday my dad stopped by for a visit. The scene here is pretty much what you'll see at my house on any given day. Twins just chillin', Brayden watching TV, and the teenager on her phone.


Thursday was finally a day where I didn't have much to do...except snap some pics, of course! Lauryn is forever flashing her "power to the people" pose. For whatever reason, her fists are always clenched.


Told ya - Peytie is proving to be my smiley boy!


I can't get enough of this boy. He is just the cutest!


This beauty gives him a run for his money though. Those eyelashes!!!


I also made this week's recipe on Thursday. I've been a longtime fan of Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, so I made her Puff Pastry Pizzas. The pizzas were...just ok. Which pains me to say because this is the first time that I haven't been wowed by one of her recipes. This one didn't taste BAD, per se, but I just couldn't take the extreme flakiness of the puffed pastry. They sure look purdy tho'.



Friday was a fun day. I took more pics of the babies...duh!



We colored Easter eggs.



My daughter started a new job at the Starbucks inside of our local Target.


And I got to make a total of NINE Easter baskets for my kids, nephews, niece, and seester!


Saturday was a super fun day! Brayden has been looking forward to this day all week. Not only did we have an egg hunt to go to, but we also had a playful birthday party to attend. But first I had to take a pic of the BEST little brother.


Bright and early was the egg hunt put on by our church, Village Church of Bartlett in Bartlett. It's an even we look forward to every year and it's always a great time for the kids. I was happy to see lots of my friends from around my neighborhood too!


Look at all the eggs he found! At church on Sunday, our pastor announced that the event has outgrown the park that it's usually held at, so I'm looking forward to hearing where the new location will be.


Then we had a fun birthday party to attend at the Exploratorium in Skokie. It's such a great place to have a birthday party because the kids get to climb, splash, create, and play in a large space that is closed to the public (when birthday parties have been booked). We were one of two parties in the space at the time so the kids had lots of room to roam around.





I left the babies at home with my mom, so you know I was missing them and had to get in some time with the other babies there.



On Easter Sunday, my family went to church and had lunch at my sister's house. I love spending time with my family. I laugh and laugh and really enjoy the fellowship with them. We are a pretty awesome bunch! Here are my favorite pics of the day.

Brayden woke up SO EXCITED! He was jumping up and down on the mattress saying "He came! He Came!" when he saw the eggs on the floor. I make a trail to his basket that is waiting for him in the hallway. He loves it!


There's the basket!


This girl looked SO PRETTY in her Easter outfit. I think I must've taken a MILLION pictures of the twins on their first Easter!



My niece loved her basket from us!


This was a HUGE moment for Brayden and my niece. He is learning to tolerate - and dare I say LIKE - his baby cousin. The fact that she was standing probably had a whole lot to do with it.






It was a GREAT week!

Weekly Workouts:

Another week, another 7 days that I neglected to workout. I'm back to work next week so I'm hoping to get on track with my eating and exercise next week.

Weekly Goals:
  • Goal #1: Log calories everyday this week. No.
  • Goal #2: Work out 3 times this week. No.
  • Goal #3: Drink at least 6 cups of water every day. And no.
Keeping the same goals for next week again.

Goal #1: Log calories everyday this week. Not only do I need to login, but I need to stay under my calorie goals.


Goal #2: Work out 3 times this week. My ultimate goal is to work out five days a week, but I'm starting off slow with just three times for a few weeks.


Goal #3: Drink at least 6 cups of water every day. I basically drink coffee all day long (I have to keep up with these twins!) Water is so important so I need to make sure I meet my daily goals.


I'll let you know if I completed any next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment