Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekly Recap #14

So much happened this week, but I'm going to try and make this post short (especially if I want it to post on time!).

Monday (2/29 Leap Year) was my younger sister's birthday! I always thought it was pretty cool to have such a special birthday, but I can see how it can be annoying if your actual birthday only came once every four years! February also brought on a dilemma for me. Since the twins were born on 12/30, which day should I mark as their "official" 2-month milestone? I decided to give their 2 month photoshoot a try on the 29th. (You can check out their 2-Month Update if you missed it.) Did I get perfect shots? Of course not. But I got some ok ones. Man I wish I had better staging/photography skills.

Check out the ridiculousness of these socks. I do love them though!



These hands! SO LITTLE!


I love it when my Peytie Pie smiles!


But he can also be shy.


And then he cries. He always cries.



I tried another photoshoot on Tuesday, but thank God I took pics on Monday. The Tuesday shots were awful. Well, except for this one. Peytie is adorable.



"What's that monstrosity on your head? Do you have an owie? Is that a big ol' band-aid?"


Tuesday was also the day my son spent $140 online, on Candy Crush. I wrote about the whole unfortunate saga HERE. Beware of the Moms, indeed!


On Wednesday I got my obligatory pics of the twins. I think this is the first real smile Lauryn gave me that I caught on camera. She has smiled before, but never when I have my phone ready. 



Hanging out in the gym. Gym rats!


I also took Brayden to buy his first big boy bike! He outgrew his tricycle ages ago but has never really gotten the hang of a real bicycle. At 5 years old, I figured it was about time he learned. Plus, we've had a few nice weather days here lately so I wanted him ready to ride by the time the next nice day rolled around. I love that Toys R Us had this handy chart for me to see what size bike he needed.


This is the cool bike he picked out. 18" wheels!


 Then it was off for his favorite treat - Spirels!


In unrelated Wednesday news, doesn't this outfit fit Peyton's personality perfectly? Forever a crab apple!


Here's the twins on Thursday. Peyton is just fascinated with his big sis, Lauryn.


In Brayden news: I registered him for KINDERGARTEN Thursday night! How are we here already? I have so many thoughts and fears that I have about him going to school full-time that I'm sure I'll share at some point, but today was just all about the paperwork. I still have a few months before I'll bawl my eyes out with him at school.


On Friday, after Brayden's OT appointment, I took him out for a little playdate treat. We went to Epic Air in South Elgin for the first time. We had a jumptastic time! This place is trampoline city, and even I got in on the action. What a workout! It was so fun hanging out with friends for a bit (and letting Brayden burn LOTS of energy!).


And what trip to South Elgin would be complete without a Spirels visit? Brayden would go here everyday if he could.


I also made my new recipe of the week on Friday - Carne Guidasa (Beef Stew). I served it over rice and loved it! My mom just kept commenting on how different the methods and ingredients were from her recipe, but no matter the recipe, it was darn tasty.


And of course there's the Friday pic of my cutie pies (with another smile for the camera from Lauryn!).


Saturday was spent at home doing a whole lotta nuthin'. But here's Peyton with the Dr. Brown's Easter paci I got for FREE (with a Dr. Brown's Easter bottle) from Babies R Us. All I had to do was spend $25, which I do all the time anyway. They change the promotion every month - last month I got a Minnie Mouse sippy cup - and the coupon is always online. Cute, right? (Both the paci AND Peytie, of course!)


We had a 60 degree day on Sunday so Brayden got to break in his new bike! Look at him go for the first time ever on a big boy bike. So proud of him!!!


Finally, we can't forget Lauryn with her FREE Easter paci!



Have a good week!

Weekly Workouts:

Zero. Again. *SIGH* Once again I skipped on any workouts. BUT, my excuse saving grace is that we did order the treadmill this week and it will arrive on Tuesday. YAY! So Tuesday. I WILL workout on Tuesday.


Weekly Goals:
  • Goal #1: Log calories everyday this week. No.
  • Goal #2: Work out 3 times this week. No. 
  • Goal #3: Drink at least 6 cups of water every day. And no.

It's funny that the week I remove "Cleaning the Basement" as a goal, is the week where I spend HOURS in the basement (Sunday) getting ready for my treadmill to arrive.

I'll keep the same goals for next week and I WILL complete them.

Goal #1: Log calories everyday this week. Not only do I need to login, but I need to stay under my calorie goals.


Goal #2: Work out 3 times this week. My ultimate goal is to work out five days a week, but I'm starting off slow with just three times for a few weeks.


Goal #3: Drink at least 6 cups of water every day. I basically drink coffee all day long (I have to keep up with these twins!) Water is so important so I need to make sure I meet my daily goals.


I'll let you know if I completed any next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment