Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekly Recap #2

This week was not as busy as last week, but I found myself trying to get more things done for the twins' arrival. I finished up my Christmas shopping and stopped at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby to pick up some much-needed items off my registry. I'm getting closer to being ready for them to make their grand entrance!

I had to miss a holiday party on Thursday because I was stuck late at work. Bummer. I was pretty tired though, and probably wouldn't have been as much fun. So, instead of attending a party, I wrapped Christmas presents late into the night. This was all in a days work.


I had a doctor's appointment on Friday for a NST - non-stress test - and it totally stressed me out! It took 3 nurses and more than 15 minutes to find the heartbeat of one of the babies. I was freaking out!

See - I gave you a belly shot after all!
When they finally found the heartbeat, I had to hold the device in place for more than 20 minutes. So frustrating. So while the test might not have caused any stress to the babies, I can't say the same for me. After that whole ordeal, I treated myself to a solo Thai lunch. Mmm...beef pad woon sen from Mai Thai Cafe in Wheaton. The best!


On Saturday, my husband and I attended a Managing Multiples class at the hospital where we will deliver the twins. It was a really long class, but we both learned a few things - like delayed cord clamping, expectations of delivering multiples, and even some new nutritional goals. I still can't believe that the day they arrive will be here soon. I am really going to miss being pregnant (which is something I never thought I'd say), but knowing this is the last time puts me into a sad emotional state.

On Sunday my husband was busy with car stuff, so my mom and I took Brayden to a LEGO Train Show exhibit in Wheaton. I had never been to Cantigny Park, and I just wished the day wasn't so rainy because the grounds were beautiful. The exhibit was SO CROWDED, but it was cool to see some of the built figures. Don't know that I would return to this next year though because I'm not really crazy about the crazy crowds...it was only $5 to get in though so I can't complain too much.






After that it was a stop at my son's favorite place to eat...Portillo's! He would eat here every day if he could.



We were supposed to attend another holiday event on Sunday night, Winter Wonderland at Porter's Pub in Elgin, but we were having so much fun at home playing video games (plus it was raining) that we just made it a pizza night. It was so nice for all of us to chill at home. It was a great weekend!

These were my goals from last week.
  • Goal #1: Wrap at least 7 Christmas presents. I knocked this one out of the park! I'm almost done wrapping the gifts I already purchased. Now if I could just finish shopping...
  • Goal #2: Start reading Book Club book. I finally finished the other book I was reading and read Winter Stroll by Elin Hilderbrand in TWO DAYS. Book club is on Tuesday! Can't wait.
  • Goal #3: Attend Multiples class at hospital where the twins will be born. Super-informative, but also super-long (5-hour) class. CHECK!
  • Goal #4: Eliminate soda for 1 week. Almost! I realized Monday night that I had Coke with my dinner. DOH! Then my husband and I went to dinner on Saturday night and I ordered a Coke. Total FAIL! I made it the rest of the week, so only having soda for 2 days isn't bad. I can totally do better though!
  • Goal #5: Make a Christmas list. Done and Done! Making that list helped me realize what was missing and I promptly went out to purchase them. I only have a handful of things left to buy. YESSSSSS!
Pretty good, huh? These are the goals I hope to tackle this week.

Goal #1: Eliminate soda for 1 week. Since I flaked out the very first day last week, I hope to make it all 7 days without a drop of soda.

Goal #2: Pack hospital bag. I'm headed into my 33rd week of pregnancy with twins so I need to be prepared. Twins are known for being very early so the sooner I knock off this task, the better!

Goal #3: Finalize Christmas menu. I always host Christmas and I tend to leave the menu prep till the last minute. If I can get it done this week I'll be a little ahead of the game.

Goal #4: Purchase items needed for twin club kids Christmas party. The party is Saturday and I'm supposed to bring a salad and dressing, plus a $15 gift for my kid from "Santa". Should be a fun party.

Goal #5: Make it into the office 1 day this week. This might be my last time in the office until after the twins are born. Yikes! It's getting real now.

Check back next week to see how I fared with this week's goals (and if I drank any soda!), and see what we did throughout the week. It's almost Christmas!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment