Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekly Recap #1

Thought I'd start a weekly recap post, sharing what we did during the week, plus adding a couple of goals to complete throughout the coming week. It will be a way for me to try and keep organized, as well as offer more insight into my day-to-day life. I believe that goals are extremely important and my daughter recently introduced me to SMART goals - goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely (it pays to have a high school junior in the family sometimes). I hope to post timely goals - ones that should be completed that week, and not something like lose 50 pounds. Although, let's be honest, when these babies arrive, I'm definitely going to have that as a long-term goal.

As for what we did last week, the weekdays were pretty boring as I'm still trying to get over a nasty cold. There were 3 or 4-day stretches where I didn't leave the house at all! I also missed my company holiday party on Thursday which I was really bummed about. It was held at one of my favorite restaurants downtown, and I knew I was missing a lively soiree. 

The weekend, though, got pretty busy. Friday night I took my mom and my son to the Dickens in Dundee event and tree lighting ceremony. There were live window displays that were pretty cool.







We also had to stop at Van's Frozen Custard for my son's favorite, vanilla custard with sprinkles! My mom and I had root beer floats that were really good too.



We even stopped by a nearby house to view their holiday lights presentation. I've heard about this house for awhile, but had never stopped by. I'm so glad we did today. I love homes that set their displays to music!



On Saturday I attended the annual ornament exchange that I've been going to for about 4 years now. Kim, my friend Stephanie's sister, hosts the party every year and it just keeps getting bigger and better. I don't know how she does it year after year, but everyone always has a great time, and she spoils us with little gifts too. It's one event that I always look forward to. Here's Steph, me and Kim.

This year her theme was Wine Bar and she totally nailed it!



I was thinking about the party back in September when I was in Tennessee and purchased the ornament I brought to the party in Pigeon Forge! A gorgeous pink Nutcracker ornament.


I ended up getting the BEST ornament, in my opinion, of course. A lighted mason jar! Very country...very me. I love it.


My husband and I even went out to Tavern in the Hills in St. Charles for a late dinner. I love their beef stroganoff! I've been here 3 times in the last month just for this dish.

Sunday was another busy day! We started the day at church, then my husband and I took Brayden to a Cookies with Santa event that was hosted by a twin club I'm a member of. This time Brayden was prepared and started telling Santa all the things he wanted that were solar system or star-related. When Santa asked Brayden if he knew the North Star, Brayden looked at him funny and said, "You mean Polaris???". It was hysterical. Needless to say, both Santa and Mrs. Claus were impressed!


Then finally, Sunday night I attended a Favorite Things party that was lots of fun. Everyone brought 5 of their one favorite thing that cost less than $5, Everyone got to pick 5 names from a bowl and got to leave with 5 little gifts. It was such a great idea! Lots of people attended too.


Phew - that was a busy weekend! Things should start slowing down for me soon, so you likely won't see another ridiculously long weekend post. {Hopefully!}

Here are my goals to tackle in the next week.

Goal #1: Wrap at least 7 Christmas presents. I need to get started on wrapping Christmas gifts while I still have a sliver of energy!

Goal #2: Start reading Book Club book. We're reading Winter Stroll by Elin Hilderbrand. We read Winter Street by the same author last December and loved the book. Book club is on the 15th so I need to get a move on!

Goal #3: Attend Multiples class at hospital where the twins will be born. It's a 5-hour class so neither my husband nor I are thrilled to go, but we'll get a tour of the hospital and we've never delivered there before.

Goal #4: Eliminate soda for 1 week. I figured at least one of my goals should be health/fitness related so we'll start with soda. I completely gave up all caffeine (soda and coffee) for the first 6-7 months of pregnancy. When I finally allowed myself to have some, it was all over. I overdid it for sure. Need to cut back again.

Goal #5: Make a Christmas list. I mostly purchased gifts for my immediate family, but I know I'm still missing gifts for a lot of extended family members. If I don't have a list, someone might get forgotten. I would feel awful if I left anyone out.

Check back next week to see how I fared with this week's goals, and see what we did throughout the week. I promise it won't be as long as this week's!

0 comments:

Post a Comment